Nylon 6-PA Polyamide
Nylons are semi-crystalline polymers with a good range of properties. Nylons are widely used because they have a good cost to performance ratio. Lower numbered nylons, 6 ,6-6, 4-6, absorb moisture and change their properties as a result. Nylons have been compounded with reinforcements, fillers and additives to produce a very wide variety of properties. Nylon 6 has the lowest modulus of all nylon grades.
Applications: Automotive components, Bearings, Electronic Connectors, Gears, Consumer Products and Industrial products.
|Tensile Strength||Flexural Modulus||Impact Strength||Max Temp.||Chemical Resistance|
|6,000-24,000 psi||390,000-1,100,000 psi||2-8 ft-lb/in notched izod||200°-350° F||Good to Excellent|
- Temperature capability 600°-700° for short term
- Excellent chemical resistance
- High resistance to abrasion
- Tough and withstands repeated impact
- Absorbs moisture (can affect the electrical and mechanical properties)
- Requires UV stability
- Attacked by strong acids/bases
- High notch sensitivity
Brand Names: Celstran, Durethan, Electrablend, HiFill, Zytel