ABS + Polycarbonate
PC + ABS plastics offer improved strengths over ABS at a lower cost than Polycarbonate. Exceptional low temperature Impact Strength. The material can be modified by the addition of glass fiber, mineral fillers and flame retardant.
Applications: Automotive exterior and interior components, medical hardware, electrical housings, computers, monitors, business equipment housings and enclosures
|Tensile Strength||Flexural Modulus||Impact Strength||Max Temp.||Chemical Resistance|
|6400-9150 psi||300,000-400,000 psi||8-12 ft-lb/in notched izod||140°-210° F||Poor to Fair|
- Good impact resistance with toughness and rigidity
- Metal coatings have excellent adhesion to ABS
- Very good indoor UV light colour stability
- Excellent processability and appearance
- Poor solvent resistance
- Low dielectric strength (not a good insulator)
- Low continuous service temp. (melts easily)
Brand Names: Cycolac, Lustran, Hival.