Acrylic PMMA is a tough, highly transparent material with excellent resistance to ultraviolet radiation and weathering. It can be colored, molded, cut, drilled, and formed. Acrylic is an economical alternative to polycarbonate (PC) when extreme strength is not necessary. It is often preferred because of its moderate properties, easy handling and processing, and low cost, but behaves in a brittle manner when loaded, especially under an impact force.
Applications: Automotive Transparent Items such as Head/Tail Lenses and Trim, Household Light Fixtures and Decorative Items, Safety Equipment and Shields.
||.22-1.1 ft-lb/in notched izod
- Excellent optical clarity
- Excellent weatherability and resistance to sunlight
- Rigid with good impact resistance
- Good light transmission
- Poor solvent resistance
- Subject to stress cracking
- Slightly absorbs moistures
- Continuous service temp. (melts easily)
Brand Names: LG PMMA, Plexiglas, PermaStat, Acrylite