Nylon 11-PA Polyamide
Nylons are semi-crystalline polymers with a good range of properties. Nylons are widely used because they have a good cost to performance ratio. Lower numbered nylons, 6 ,6-6, 4-6, absorb moisture and change their properties as a result. Nylons have been compounded with reinforcements, fillers and additives to produce a very wide variety of properties. Nylon 11 offers better Impact Strength and dimensional stability than lower numbered nylons. It is also more flexible.
Applications: Automotive components, Electronic connectors, Gears, Consumer products and Industrial products.
||2-No break ft-lb/in notched izod
||Good to Excellent
- Temperature capability 600°-700° for short term
- Excellent chemical resistance
- High resistance to abrasion
- Tough and withstands repeated impact
- Absorbs moisture (can affect the electrical and mechanical properties)
- Requires UV stability
- Attacked by strong acids/bases
- High notch sensitivity
Brand Names: HiFill, LNP, Rilsan